The Foodery is a 100% e-commerce driven business seeking a dynamic front end web developer who will be responsible for design and implementation solutions for a variety of projects for The Foodery’s web site. The Web Developer will understand the company’s position in the marketplace and help create impressions and experiences for customers that inspire them make online experiences more enjoyable and efficient. A balance of creativity and an entrepreneurial influence is required to continually enrich the company’s perception, strengthen its position in the marketplace and drive revenue. The Web Developer will work within the technology team and seek influence from many different employees and customers.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in web application software development, design, and architecture
- A solid track record of building elegant and sophisticated web applications that users love to use
- experience in web development in large scale environments targeting desktop and mobile leveraging responsive design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; and
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Academic background to include degrees in information systems, computer science or a closely related field are preferred
- Experience with user interfaces, image optimization, scripting, web accessibility standards, design standards, and cross-platform issues
- Experience working with mobile-first user experiences
- Excellent multi-tasking, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and coordinate the efforts of many individuals, internal and external, toward a common goal.
- Entrepreneurial and business-minded approach required to develop technology that increases customer usage and enjoyment and drives revenue
- Proficient understanding in using common JS frameworks – PureScript, ReactJS, Angular.js, jQuery, Handlebars, etc
- Advanced or Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, illustrator, Dreamweaver, SharePoint
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and reasoning.
- Full Stack web development with a passion for front-ends
- One or more popular modern JS frameworks such as AngularJS and EmberJS
Position is part-time. Developer will work remotely.